10 Reasons Why Fall Will Be Your Favorite Season At Atwater's
It’s that time of year again! The leaves are falling, back-to-school ads are everywhere, and Atwater’s is cooking up all of our spiced, warm and richly delicious fall treats. Delight your senses with our warm autumn aesthetic. Between our creamy pumpkin lattes and our chewy gingerdoodle cookies, there are so many ways to fall in love with Atwater’s this season.
Here are the top reasons why fall is sure to be your favorite season at Atwater’s!
Our pumpkin lattes are like no other. Why, you ask? They are made with real roasted pumpkin! That’s right, it’s not just pumpkin spice. That latte you order is made with local pumpkins, a blend of warm spices and just a dash of sugar.
2. One word: pastries. Fall is the best time to just cuddle up with a good book (or Netflix), get cozy and grab your favorite pastry treat. Whether you’re more into our gingerdoodle cookies or our pumpkin bites made of fluffy pound cake, there’s something for everyone. And if you love our gingerdoodles, order some online! Or send them to your friends and family using the Atwater’s online store. Simply click on the link, add as many boxes of cookies to your cart as you want, then check out! It’s that easy!
3. Our cozy decor! Whichever Atwater’s location is your favorite, you can definitely get the best pictures of yourself, your friends or our #instagramworthy lattes in our homey wooden decor. Throw on your favorite cable knit sweater or comfy clothes and take your time enjoying your meal at one of our locations, or swing by for a pumpkin latte before you go pumpkin picking! After all, you can never have too many pumpkins, right?
3. Boo! Our Halloween treats are definitely scary good. We’re bringing back some of your old favorites like our mini monster cakes and brains cupcakes. Try something new this year with our Spooky Crisps, or our Ghost Meringues!
4. Everything related to apples. This is by far the best time of year to keep the doctor away, because at Atwater’s, we know apples. And our apple pie crust may be flaky, but we aren’t. Our apple pie is made with locally sourced apples, just how we like it. And, the crust is homemade! Pair it with our Counter Culture coffee for a local, sustainable and delicious treat.
6. Our special apple butter. Atwater’s traditional apple butter is made by hand at our Big Kitchen in Baltimore, MD. Each jar contains seven varieties of apples, including Esopus Spitzenburg, crab apples, Jonathan, Nittany, Jonagold, Mitsu, and Staymen. Each apple is unique in its own way, some ensure a sweet finish, while others provide a hint of tartness. And every apple is grown locally in Maryland and Pennsylvania.
7. Savory soups. A warm soup on a crisp day literally cannot be beat. And our Butternut Squash Soup will not disappoint. Warm up with us!
8. Cider and chai. Both of these spiced drinks are super delicious hot or cold at Atwater’s. The chai is perfect with a touch of cinnamon. As for our apple cider, you can ask to add caramel to a cup of hot cider. That caramel sauce is also used in our caramel lattes and is made in-house at each location. So. Good.
9. Thanksgiving (more like Atwater’s Pumpkin Pie Day). Let's be real. Turkey is not the best part of thanksgiving, especially for people who are vegetarian. The real winner of Thanksgiving who takes the cake (or, rather, the pie) is the pumpkin pie at Atwater’s. Creamy, filling, and sweet, the pumpkin pie is definitely worth it. And if you’re feeling a little more decadent, opt for the pumpkin cheesecake.
10. Atwater’s during the fall is the perfect date idea. Warm, cozy, romantic…and yummy! What better place to take your partner than one of our locations! Treat them (and yourself) to your favorite all-year-round dish, or one of our seasonal specialities, and enjoy spending time with your favorite person.
Autumn, here we come!
- Sep 9, 2019 How to Get More Vegetables Into Your Diet Sep 9, 2019
- Aug 26, 2019 10 Reasons Why Fall Will Be Your Favorite Season At Atwater's Aug 26, 2019
- Aug 13, 2019 Let’s Get This Bread (At Atwater’s)! Aug 13, 2019
- Jul 25, 2019 Summer Tomatoes Are Here! Jul 25, 2019
- Jul 16, 2019 Atwater’s & Counter Culture: A sustainable coffee love story Jul 16, 2019
- Jun 11, 2019 FATHER’S DAY & MORE! Jun 11, 2019
- Feb 8, 2019 Bringing Home our 7th Good Food Award Feb 8, 2019
- Feb 8, 2019 Happy Valentine's Day! Feb 8, 2019
- Jan 17, 2019 Our History with the IRC Featured in The Baltimore Sun Jan 17, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018 Soup Month Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 11, 2018 Winter Holiday Menu Dec 11, 2018
- Nov 12, 2018 Thanksgiving Offerings Nov 12, 2018
- Oct 29, 2018 Halloween Treats Oct 29, 2018
Since 1999 Atwater’s has been making traditional food crafted by hand. We began in a small bakery making only one kind of bread and grew to our current Baltimore shops that specialize in soup, sandwiches, salad, cheese, coffee, scottish pies, jam, and more! As we continue to grow, our commitment to quality food and service remains the same. You can find our fine foods at our locations and markets across the Baltimore-Washington area.