Summer Tomatoes Are Here!
We’re right in the heat of summer, and with summer comes our delicious tomato sandwiches! Whether you choose the savory BALT (Bacon, Avocado, Lettuce, Tomato) or the juicy Tomato Mozzarella, there’s no way to go wrong!
Back in our Big Kitchen Farm, we grow fresh Early Girl and Big Beef tomatoes to include in our salads and sandwiches. We spoke to our farmer, Anthony Dye, about our locally grown tomatoes.
Here at Atwater’s, we always try our best to provide you with the most delicious, fresh and local ingredients. Our Big Kitchen farm grows everything from rosemary to lettuce and tomatoes that we send out daily to our locations, so you can be sure that the tomato sandwich you sink your teeth into today is as fresh as can be.
And there is nothing quite like a fresh tomato in the summer time. Our BALT starts with crispy, sizzling, wood-smoked bacon, locally grown lettuce and juicy tomato and freshly sliced avocado. We slather on a savory garlic mayonnaise spread on our toasted Country White bread, and carefully arrange each sandwich to order, from our Big Kitchen to our locations to your plate. We can’t promise you’ll fall in love, but we’re pretty sure you will.
Our vegetarian Tomato Mozzarella is something special. Not only do we use our local tomatoes and local lettuce, we also get our mozzarella from a very special farm. Crave Brothers is a Wisconsin-based dairy farm, with a focus on conservation and sustainable farming. They have 1500 cows grazing all year round, and they make their cheese on-site!
And they haven’t stopped at carbon-neutral. Crave Brothers is actually carbon negative. They use 100% green power, and the produce more power with their bio digester than they use for the dairy/cheese plant.
The result of the tenderness and care is a deliciously fresh cheese that’s guaranteed to melt in your mouth. On our Tomato Mozzarella sandwiches in Baltimore, we use gardinaire and our garlic mayonnaise right on our hand shaped ciabatta for a sandwich that is sure to please. Come in and enjoy the taste of summer at one of our Atwater’s locations!
- Oct 9, 2019 Trick or Treat Yo’Self at Atwater’s This Halloween! Oct 9, 2019
- Sep 9, 2019 How to Get More Vegetables Into Your Diet Sep 9, 2019
- Aug 26, 2019 10 Reasons Why Fall Will Be Your Favorite Season At Atwater's Aug 26, 2019
- Aug 13, 2019 Let’s Get This Bread (At Atwater’s)! Aug 13, 2019
- Jul 25, 2019 Summer Tomatoes Are Here! Jul 25, 2019
- Jul 16, 2019 Atwater’s & Counter Culture: A sustainable coffee love story Jul 16, 2019
- Jun 11, 2019 FATHER’S DAY & MORE! Jun 11, 2019
- Feb 8, 2019 Bringing Home our 7th Good Food Award Feb 8, 2019
- Feb 8, 2019 Happy Valentine's Day! Feb 8, 2019
- Jan 17, 2019 Our History with the IRC Featured in The Baltimore Sun Jan 17, 2019
- Dec 31, 2018 Soup Month Dec 31, 2018
- Dec 11, 2018 Winter Holiday Menu Dec 11, 2018
- Nov 12, 2018 Thanksgiving Offerings Nov 12, 2018
- Oct 29, 2018 Halloween Treats Oct 29, 2018
Since 1999 Atwater’s has been making traditional food crafted by hand. We began in a small bakery making only one kind of bread and grew to our current Baltimore shops that specialize in soup, sandwiches, salad, cheese, coffee, scottish pies, jam, and more! As we continue to grow, our commitment to quality food and service remains the same. You can find our fine foods at our locations and markets across the Baltimore-Washington area.